The history of this church started in the 9th century. The present building dates partly from the early 16th century. The choir and the transepts were built in late Gothic style. The nave and the aisles are neo-Renaissance and neo-Classicistic additions from the middle of the 19th century. The confessionals and the choir stalls are 17th century woodcarving. There are also some tombs from the same period and altars by P. Scheemaekers (1692) and a nice Forceville organ (1725).