Oriented cruciform church with built-in west tower north of the choir. The building history dates back to the 15th century. The church expands dramatically in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. After the almost total destruction in the 2nd World War the church was rebuilt between 1947 and 1950 to the pre-war plan by architect H. Huygh. The church has a wealth of Baroque furniture: the St. Bartholomew portico altar of Paschier (1645), the side altars by W. Kerrickx and W. Pompe (early 18th century), the 17th century panelling, the confessionals and communion rails by Cornelis Struyf (1734). From the pulpit by Jan Pieter Van Baurscheit (1725) only the medallions are preserved. In the 20th century the church is enriched with stained glass windows of, among others, A. Stalin (1914) and J. Huet (1939).